Its been a really longtime since I updated this blog. Okay its not I don't cook anymore, ofcourse I do , and its definitely not the time excuse either. With 24 hours in a day, I certainly can not do a blame game on that. Its just that I always forget to take a good picture of my recipe and I end up not updating my blog. But today I thought I will post something anyway even with one of my 'not-so-good' photos, something better than nothing anyday right?
- 1 big raw mango
- Jaggery (or brown sugar) as needed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- cumin seeds
- ghee(melted butter)
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder / or a small slit green chilli
- curry leaves
- grated coconut 1/4 cup(optional)
- Peel the mango and cut into pieces
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned above except coconut,cumin seeds ,curry leaves and ghee
- Sprinkle some water and keep it to boil in a saucepan.
- Cook till the mango is all mushy; take care to check in between.
- Alternatively you can keep it in a pressure cooker and keep it for 2 whistles.
- Add the grated coconut to this mixture
- Heat ghee in a saucepan and add cumin seeds ,curry leaves when hot.
- Drizzle the mango sauce with this.
- Serve with any bread or rice
- The quantity mentioned in the ingredients are rough; Might vary depending on the sweetness in the mango.