This is my second attempt in baking a muffin. My first one was a disaster because of the high oven temperature and the wrong oven rack. Silly me and metric conversions !
The eggless banana recipe that I got from here is a very easy breezy one and you can make it in a jiffy. I didnot like my muffin shape though..thanks to the mismatch between my oven tray & paper cups.
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar(original recipe calls for half a cup)
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pre heat oven to 180 degree C
- Mix the flour,baking powder and baking soda
- Put the butter in a mixing bowl and mix the sugar with it thoroughly
- Mix it with mashed banana and milk
- Now add the flour mixture slowly in parts to the wet banana mix and turn it so that all the ingredients are blended.
- Do not over mix.
- Pour in the muffin trays till half and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes clean.
- This yields 12 small muffins
- Serve warm with honey or cream
- Take the muffins out from the tray after they are cooled completely
- Remove the muffins from paper cup only after they are fully cooled