Pazha bajji in tamil or pazham pori in malayalam is typically a kerala dish. It is a very simple yet delightful snack to be paired with a cup of tea. It requires minimal ingredients and can be made as a quickie when you have unexpected guests. It tastes best with nenthram pazham but you could also do it with a regular banana.
- 1 banana - I used nendram pazham
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tbl of sugar(adjust according to banana's sweetness)
- 1/2 cup maida or all purpose flour
- Cut the bananas into the desired shape(round or vertical). Traditionally they are slit vertically.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients with enough water to make a batter that is little thicker than dosa batter.
- Dip the bananas in the batter and deep fry it in oil
- Drizzle with some honey and relish it hot