Thats right..its eggless..yet unimaginable moist and soft-easy and a quickie and a big hit with the crowd. I followed the exact recipe from Shilpa's Aayi's recipes but reduced little bit of sugar and my baking took less time than the specified.She says that it would catch up a "cake fever" and indeed it did :-)
- 18 pitted dates /date fruit
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2-3/4 cup sugar(I used brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1 cup of maida/all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- choice of nuts(optional)
- Pre heat oven to 350 degree F
- Heat the milk and dates for a few minutes until the dates become soft
- Grind this with sugar to a fine paste.
- Add oil and mix it well.
- Sieve the flour and baking soda and keep aside.
- Add the flour little by little to the liquid mixture until everything is blended smoothly.
- Add the nuts if needed.
- Pour into the cake pan and bake it in oven for 30 minutes.(Time might vary..so be sure to check it in between)
- Cake is done,when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and tidy.
- Serve its as such or frost it with your favorite frosting.
- The cake will be extra moist, so take care when taking it out from your pan.