Stumbled upon PJ's "No cooking" event when I was going to make the perfect dish for my morning breakfast.I had some red poha left which I wanted to finish and thats why ended up doing this super easy healthy breakfast.
Since this is a no cooking dish, the measurements can be easily varied according to your taste buds. The measures are what I like in this dish.
- one bowl of poha(Thin/thick/red any kind)
- 3 tbsp of sugar
- 3 tbsp of grated coconut
- a pinch of cardamom
- 1 tbsp of ghee or softened butter-optional
- 1 tbsp of nuts(almonds/raisins/cashews)-optional
- None - This is no cooking dish :)
- If the poha is thick,rinse it in water and soak for 15 minutes to make it soft.
- If it is thin,just rinsing 2 times will do the trick.(I used thin red poha)
- Add ghee,sugar and grated coconut.
- Add the pinch of cardamom.
- Whisk together and finally garnish with the nuts.
- You can have this dish with some fruits like apple or banana to make it as a healthy breakfast.
- You can have it as a light snack in the evening accompanied with a samosa and tea!