"Pesaratu" is an Andhra delicacy. Somehow in my mind I had always had this idea that this recipe requires quite a lot of time. Me and my cooking ideas huh? But recently tasted this dosa at my friend A's place and came to know that it is the easiest Dosa ever !!
She wanted royalty for the recipe and so this is dedicated to her specially :)
- 1 cup of green moong dal
- 1/2 cup of raw rice or boiled rice or a mix of both(I used raw rice)
- 2 or 3 green chillies
- 1/2 inch ginger
- a small piece of onion
- chopped curry leaves
- Soak the dal & rice in water for 8 hours or in hot water for 4 hours
- When I googled for the recipe came to know how to know that in Andhra people have upma inside it and call them "MLA pesartu". I didnt quite like the idea of having upma inside a dosa.May be you can give a shot.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
- You can vary the combinations according to your taste bud.
- Add raw rice for crispness and onion for softness.