- a cup of wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of rice flour
- a pinch of cardamom
- 1/4 cup of jaggery/brown sugar(can be varied according to taste)
- 2 tbsp of grated coconut
- 1/4 red apples(peeled and finely mashed)
- Mix all the ingredients together and make a batter.
- The consistency should be that of idli batter.
- Heat oil in a kadai for deep frying.
- Take the batter in a laddle (the one you use for pouring idli may be ) and pour into the oil and fry to golden or deep brown.
- You will get a very nice aroma of rice flour..yummm !!
- Serve Hot..nothing else :)
- You can even use rice flour fully without the wheat flour or vice versa.
I recently read this book "Twenties Girl" by Sophie Kinsella and enjoyed it to the core. Already being a fan of her books , I found this to be another feather in her cap. If you are book lover and enjoy reading light hearted girly stuff, just go for it and have fun !!!
May be you could have an appam in one hand and the book on the other huh ;) ??