Its not a very difficult rice to make.. yet anyday.anytime..everyone will like this flavoured rice. This time I added a special ingredient "Curd" and made in rice cooker taking the recipe from Vahchef.
- 1 cup of basmati rice
- 1 cup veggies of your choice
- 1/4 of chopped onions
- 2 green chillies(finely chopped)
- 3 or 4 pepper corns
- 1 cup of chopped mint and cilantro
- 2 tbsp of curd
- 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste
- whole garam masala or garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp of ghee or oil or a mix of both
- Soak the rice in the required amount of water for 15 minutes(I used 1:2 ratio)
- Heat oil or ghee in a kadai and add the whole garam masala to it.
- Once the cumin seeds splutter, add the chopped onions and saute for few minutes.Do not make it brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste to this mixture.
- After 2 minutes , add the green chillies & pepper corns.
- Then add the mint and cilantro and fry till you get the nice aroma.
- Now add the curd and mix well.
- Finally add the chopped veggies and saute for a few minutes.
- Add salt and garam masala if needed.
- Finally mix with the rice-water mixture and keep in rice cooker.
- Serve with any raitha of your choice and some pickle or simply some chips !
- You can also use normal cooker and keep for 2 whistles.