This is a basic paniyaram which I generally make weekly :). Both (J and myself) of us like paniyaram very much and thats why the weekly routine.I make paniyarams with left over Aapam batter.
- Aapam batter(Check the link here for the preparation)
- 1/2 cup of chopped onions
- 2 tsp of cumin seeds(jeera)
- 1 tsp of chopped green chillies or 1 tsp of pepper corns
- 1 tbsp of chopped curry leaves
- Goes well with tomato or coconut chutney.
- You can replace the aapam batter with idli batter which is highly fermented(Puzhicha maavu).
- Add little soda salt if you need the paniyaram to puff up.