Sunday, March 21, 2010

Horsegram Adai/Horsegram Dosa


Picture courtesy : wiki

Horsegram or "Kollu" in tamil is a bean variety that helps in reducing weight. When I said J that I have out horsegram in the Adai, he winked and told,"Do you think I am a horse?" No guesses for that. Its implied in the name,yes it is an Horse's food. May be thats why the Horses are so fit and tall huh ?!




Ingredients
  • one cup of boiled rice 
  • 1/4 cup of horsegram
  • 1/4 cup of toor dal
  • 1/4 cup of yellow moong dal
  • a handful of raw rice 
  • a handful of channa dal
  • 6-7 red chillies
  • pinch of hing
  • few curry leaves 
  • 1 cup of onions(optional)
  • 1/4 cup of grated coconut (optional)
Pre-cooking
  • Soak all the dals along with the rice for 8 hours
Method
  • Grind the dal-rice mix along with hing and chillies to a smooth batter.
  • With a spoon of oil,saute the onions and curry leaves .
  • Add this to the batter.
  • Add the grated coconut and mix well.
  • Pour into tawa and make like Dosa.


Serving suggestions
  • Server hot with Aviyal or Jaggery .
Tips
  • You can make either this either crispy and thin or thick like uttapams.
Sending this to Jihva-Breakfast hosted at Veggie Platter .

Friends, I have made some changes in my comment system to make it more interactive, if you face any problems(I dont hope that you get one ) please comment in my previous post or mail me at db.blooms@gmail.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there,
Thanks for dropping by :-) !!
Cheers,
Gomathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...