I baked this cake along with my friend L when she came over one day last week. Apparently she got this recipe from another friend of hers and it is a tested fine moist beautiful cake !!
This is my second baking post and sending this to the Bake Off event hosted by Bangalore Baker.
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 3 eggs or equiv replacer
- 1 and a quarter cups of oil
- 2 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1 and half cups of grated carrot
- 20 oz can of chopped pineapples drained(you can alternate with fresh ones)
- 1 cup of chopped nuts(your choice of nuts)
- 14x10 rectangular cake pan
- Pre heat oven to 350 degree Farenheit.
- In a sieve,sift together all the dry ingredients highlighted in orange and keep aside.
- In your mixing bowl add all the wet ingredients and blend in medium speed until it becomes a complete smooth batter.
- Now slowly blending in one hand, add the sifted dry ingredients little by little until fully incorporated
- Blend it in high speed for a few minutes.
- Add the pineapples,carrot and nuts.
- Mix slowly with a spatula.(Do not blend)
- Grease the cake pan and pour the batter and smooth it evenly.
- Baking time takes around one hour.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and pineapple slices.
- Even add cherry to top it up.
- You can use white sugar instead of brown sugar.
- Adjust the cake pan according to the quantity if you are making less.
Also a reminder for the CoL-Leftover Delicacies event hosted in my blog till Apr 16th. The winning recipe, voted by you all , will feature in my blog as a dedication to the winner :)
Keep your entries coming!!!